Background Check Requirements
Any adult participating in youth sports activities with direct engagement with minor (under 18) players must successfully pass a background check. This includes Board Members, Coaches, Assistant Coaches and any player volunteers (helping kids during practices also counts). Background checks are not required for field or tournament coordinators that have field related activities (field prep, announcing booth, concessions, etc.)
Background checks are valid for three years beginning with the date of registration.
If you would like to volunteer in any manner described above, you must complete a background check prior to the beginning of the season.
Please contact your Division Director or Vice President of Baseball Operations if you have any questions.
If you need to be reimbursed for the fee for the background check, please contact the Dover Baseball Treasurer for instructions
Dover Baseball Contacts
Gather the following before you start:
- Date of Birth
- City of Birth
- Social Security number
- Credit card
Use this link to start the process:
- Click on the Login and Register button. You must log in to the system before you can see the background check option.
- If this is your first time completing a background check, you will need to create an account. Note that this is a different website from Dover Baseball’s registration system
- Enter in your email address and your password. Enter in your personal information.
- Register yourself as a helper or coach.
- Enter in your personal information.
- Please enter in your date of birth correctly.
- Then hit register.
- Enter in your:
- Social security number
- NOTE: Be sure to input your social security number in correctly, if it's not then you will have to re-do and you will have to pay again so please take extra time to make sure you have your correct social security number.
- Birth City
- Birth Country
- Drivers License State
- Answer 7 questions then hit continue.
- Then hit check out.
- Enter in credit card info and submit.
Then hit done and your background check registration is complete.